ACTIVATING THE ALARM
If you discover a fire, then you need to raise the alarm immediately so that everyone can get to safety before the fire escalates in seriousness.
The Fire Alarm System can be activated in the following ways:
1. ‘Breaking’ the glass in a Manual Alarm Call Point
2. A rise in temperature activates an Automatic Heat Detector
3. Smoke activates an Automatic Smoke Detector
4. Automatic Smoke Detectors can be Air Sampling type, which have pipes connected to the Boxed Detector
5. An ‘EVACUATE’ signal is received from the Landlord or other Tenants Fire Alarm System