BBC Fire & Security is delighted to announce that we have successfully migrated from ISO 14001:04 to ISO 14001:2015.
This new version of ISO 14001 updates and extends globally recognized requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an Environmental Management System (EMS).
As part of the effort to structure all ISO standards in the same way, the ISO 14001:2015 revisions include incorporating a required high-level structure, using mandatory definitions, and incorporating common standards requirements and clauses.
10 major areas of impact of the 2015 revision:
- Expansion in EMS coverage and scope
- Required interactions with external parties
- New requirements for leadership engagement
- Expanded legal compliance requirements
- Need for risk-based planning and controls
- New documentation requirements
- Expanded operational control requirements
- Changes in competence and awareness requirements
- Impacts on the internal audit program
- Increased certification costs
ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
Minimize their environmental footprint
Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
Provide operational improvements
Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
Develop their business in a sustainable manner
By completing ISO 14001 certification, our customers can be assured that our environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.