In light of recent advancements regarding the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring this a public health emergency of international concern, we are asking that all of our external Stakeholders including but not limited to; Sub-Contractors; Suppliers and Customers, take the appropriate action to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask that anybody who may be an infection risk to refrain from entering any of our properties or sites.
Individuals deemed to be at risk include those who:
- Have travelled to the ‘affected areas’ in the last 14 days (please refer to recognised organisations such as the WHO or Government updates for current listings of affected areas. Please note these lists are being updated and evolving daily)
- Have been in close contact with somebody from the ‘affected areas’ within the last 14 days
- Have been in contact with a person who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
If any of the above apply, then the individual should not attend any of our properties or sites for 14 days from the time of return travel or until they have been symptom free for 14 days.
As a precautionary measure, in the short to medium term, we ask that all external Stakeholder meetings are held where possible via conference call facility rather than face to face in order to limit the potential risk to all parties.
We ask that you please notify your contact within our organisation immediately to report anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 who has recently worked in or attended one of our sites.
Anybody who believes they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or is experiencing any symptoms should contact NHS 111 immediately. In these circumstances, individuals should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital in order to help protect themselves and others.
As a Division, we are working tirelessly to help reduce the risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst our Employees. The below control measures have been taken to assist with this and we are reviewing the situation daily and acting in accordance with Government advice:
- All office based Employees have access to hand wipes and alcohol based sanitiser for use in addition to soap and water
- All fabric towels have been removed from our premises to reduce the risk of cross-contamination
- All Engineering Employees will be issued with hand wipes and alcohol based sanitiser and are requested to carry them at all times
- The requirement for Engineering Employees to wear the relevant PPE whilst on site is reinforced including gloves and face masks
- Cleaning products have been issued to office based Employees for the cleansing of work equipment such as computers, phones and keyboards
- Company canteen facilities and other eating areas are to receive a deep clean to minimise the risk of the spread of the virus
- In preparation for further advancement of the virus, appropriate plans have been implemented to enable support staff to work remotely from our offices
- Engineering employees will be provided with an additional risk assessment to follow on all customers sites specifically relating to the risk reduction of contracting the infection
Please be reminded, the WHO recommends basic preventative actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Such actions include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitiser (60% alcohol at least), if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home when you are sick and seek medical attention as necessary
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately
Chief Executive Officer