Over 50% of False Alarms caused by ineffective Fire Alarm Systems
According to a new report published by the Daily Post, Firefighters from Wales Fire and Rescue Service have attended over 8000 false alarm callouts since April 2013.
• Over 1000 of these callouts were a result of alarms being triggered by ‘burning toast’
• 4,784 false alarms were caused by automatic smoke alarms being triggered falsely
• 204 call-outs were triggered ‘maliciously’
The figures state that the automatic smoke alarms responded for ‘false-fires’ including aerosols, smoking and bad maintenance.
So what can we do to relieve the strain on our life saving emergency services?
Cerberus PRO detectors with unique ASA technology (ASA = Advanced Signal Analysis) quickly and reliably detect smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide.
The intelligence of nine selectable parameter sets makes the detectors immune to deceptive phenomena, which in turn prevents unnecessary downtimes and costs caused by false alarms.
ASA technology interprets the recorded signals in real time. The selected parameter set then dynamically adapts itself to the current situation. That means in case of a real fire, the ASA detector reacts more sensitively – and in case of deceptive phenomena, it is more robust.
This makes ASA detectors the first choice for sophisticated applications in clean, moderate or harsh environments – such as multi-purpose halls, canteen kitchens, data centers or industrial production facilities.
ASA neural fire detectors
The portfolio of ASA detectors comprises:
• ASA neural fire detector OOH740 – quickly and reliably detects flaming fires caused by combustion of liquid and solid matters,
• ASA neural fire and CO detector OOHC740 – quickly and reliably detects CO-generating smoldering fires and CO concentration independently from fire.
Are you troubled by false alarms affecting your productivity and time management?
Want to know more about ASA technology?
Interested in seeing the alarm in action?